I would love to have a theme for these every week, but nope nope nope, Colleen Hope McMahon Pagaard does not do themes. The most I can strive for is ‘weekly’ which seems a big enough bite for me.
- THIS VIDEO. OMGOMGOMG. If you pay attention to nothing else on this list, watch this video. I mean…are we serious, America? I still laugh, and internally weep a leetle bit, when I think about it–and it’s been at least four days since I first saw it, which in Internet time is twelve million eons.
- The Saturday is Valentine’s Day! I have thoughts about Valentine’s which I’ll post later this week, but for now, the approach of Feb. 14 means one thing: it’s time to make THESE again. (I heart Deb from Smitten Kitchen so much, I’ve read every post on her site, and bookmarked at least 40% of them).
- I’ll be posting soon about my experience with Lasik surgery here in South Korea, but for now: I CAN SEE! (through the serial killer eye guards I wear to bed for the next two weeks. Envy Nathan, world.)
- Maybe it’s the late-winter blues but I’ve been craving crunchy, crisp, green green green salads like nobody’s bidness. I twisted up this recipe (from Jen Hatmaker), subbing a seeds-and-nuts mix for the ramen and almonds, broccoli for green onions, and threw in some whole-dried cranberries and a chicken breast for kicks. For the dressing, I cut back on the sugar, subbed olive oil for canola and tossed in a spoonful of dijon mustard.
Of course I didn’t take a picture. that would have been reasonable and a good idea and this is not where anyone comes for those.
- Currently listening to: Lord of the Rings Unabridged Audiobooks. I got them seven years ago in university and they’ve been lurking on a hard drive ever since. No screen time while the eyes healed up = enter Frodo and friends. Rob Inglis’s 1990 version is stupid good, and loooooooong. I’ve been listening on and off for three days and they JUST got to Rivendell.
- Currently soaking up the last few weeks of vacation before going back to the last semester of my super-unbelievably-life isn’t fair-great job. Celebrating this with lots of sleeping until 9am, leisurely jogs, and scheduling Friend Time ‘whenever’s good for you, no problem.’ I LOVE being easygoing.
- Currently reading/archive stalking: Sara. Haven’t gotten my grubby paws on her book yet…but it’s on my list.
- I am doing a chronological read-the-Bible-in-1-year plan from YouVersion, and I’m in Numbers. I would love to have a mind-blowing, amazing insight for you…but I don’t. I don’t think I’ve ever just read Leviticus though, and that was pretty great. Mostly, I’m appreciating the consistency of just sitting down and eating up chunks of the Word at a time, rather than my usual habit of picking through.
- I’m on the hunt for a collection of Korean snacks this week (not to shove in my face. except for a sampling. for reasons of quality control. stop looking at me!) and so far I can’t stop eating tteokbokki chips:
- Living overseas means I can’t watch award shows or sporting events along with everyone else…but I’ve found I’m far more entertained by just following the ridiculousness on Twitter. (Grammys, I’m talkin’ bout you.)
I was a little worried I have trubs finishing this, but it turned out to be a lot smoother than I’d feared. Hooray for week 2! If I make it next week I’ll have a streak going.