Annnnd it’s a streak, y’all.
Three weeks running.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who made this possible.
(you’re the real stars…
(that just sent me down a youtube rabbit hole of Jenna Maroney’s best moments.)
Which seems like as good a place as any to start this week’s ten things:
- Playlist of the best moments of 30 Rock: go here. It’s just…so good.
- I miss living with a clothes dryer. Not for most things, but for towels and sheets? come ON. Nothing compares. I say this as I look at the two laundry racks currently festooned with stiffly drying clothes. sigh.
- Recently all I want to wear are Big Ol’ Sweaters. pants optional. The vibe I’m looking for is ‘shapeless.’ I’m wearing this one right now:
(but full disclosure I do not wear pants when I blog at home. i mean are you kidding me? that is the behavior of sociopaths.)
- I love poking around on other people’s blogs but I am so so so so uncomfortable about commenting. Am I the only one? Is it that awkward for everyone else? I sense a post on this topic coming on…
- Ann Voskamp is a champion and basically everyone knows it, but this post messed me up, is messing me up, shall will should would may might must can could continue to mess me up, for always, because that’s what Jesus does: he messes you up. Read it, read it, read it.
- Over the past week I’ve come to some uncomfortable realities about my habits and my health, and the result of those things is this: I have had Brussels sprouts (Shannan’s) for two days in a row, and yesterday Nate made me run up a hill. I almost divorced him but Jesus kept us together.
- Do any of the rest of you use the stickynote feature as a sort of mental trashcan, so that whatever is stuck in your head ends up there and it multiplies and stages a hostile takeover of your desktop screen? Just me? Okay then.
- I found coconut water at Emart and I’ve been hoarding the last two bottles. So good.
- Four more nights with the Serial Killer Eye Guards. I’m gonna miss those weirdos. (no I’m not.)
- The East Coast of the US is getting HAMMERED by winter storms, and I’m so jealous it’s making me a little twitchy. Be safe, but o my friends, revel for those of us whose winters are barren.